Friday, April 24, 2009

The Eve Before My Boys 4th Birthday....

As I write this post I realize it was nearly 4 years ago, that my world was forever changed. This has been an emotional post for me. The photo above was taken 2 days before my baby boys arrived.-My own self-portrait! The next one is of me and Mark and Mackenzie right before going to the hospital.- I think it's so cute how Mackenzie has her hand on her stomach.... When I started going through all of these photos of the innocence and most precious gifts God has ever given me I was very humbled. He chose ME to carry and be the parent to these precious little boys. I have often abused that privelage, by not always loving them as I should.-Caught up in the moment in the stress of all of lifes happenings. Life as I knew it changed so drastically in one short afternoon. I went from raising 2 children to all of a sudden 5!!! I really needed to make adjustments to survive in this new lifestyle. Before the boys arrived, I was a very scheduled/orderly person. I had to learn to relinguish control and to live in the moment. I had to know if the dishes didn't get done and the beds weren't made, that was O.K.!!! A good day for me was if all of the children were fed and had clean clothes on!! I remember the days very clearly when I look at these photographs, and I am so thankful I have them, but so much of the other days "in-between", I have no recollection. Thankfully my mom blessed us with help 2 days a week from 8-6. She would come in do the laundry, dishes, cook meals, and help me feed and care for the babies and Mark and Mackenzie. I don't know how I could have possibly survived without her help. She has been such a blessing to me and my family. Other than my mom, Mark and I did most everything by ourselves.-Not that we didn't have offers of help, but rather that I wanted to keep life as "normal" as possible. There were some weekends that we had very close friends keep a baby overnight so that I could get a little more much needed sleep. That was an awesome gift, and for that too I am very grateful....I look at these photos and rejoice at the perfect little beings God created for me and I am FOREVER thankful. I can't dwell in the past. I most look forward and make the rest of these years I have with them the best that I can.....


I marvel at all the nurses and doctors that needed to be in the delivery room.....


Corey James Yochum 4lb.90z.



Connor David Yochum 4lb.80z.


Caleb Michael Yochum 5lb. Caleb had to be on C-Pap. We were not allowed to hold him for several days. I really struggled with this. I didn't bond very well to him initially.-Perhaps I didn't want to make that connection in case something went terribly wrong.... This was very difficult for me.


I LOVE this picture of Connor. He was always so ALERT and wide-eyed....


Connor-My sleeping angel....


This was a neat photo of Corey. It shows just how tiny he was....



Here's Mackenzie with baby Caleb. The first day we got to hold him. Caleb is her little mini-me.-Everybody tells me so....

No comments:

Post a Comment