Tuesday, May 19, 2009

D.A.R.E. Graduation

Last night Mark, along with his fifth grade class, had a Graduation Recognition Ceremony for completing the D.A.R.E. program through school. This is the first year the principal held the award ceremony in the evening. He wanted the parents to be able to participate in the recognition of these outstanding students. I was very pleased with the ceremony. The Chief of Police led us in prayer, and even quoted some scripture verses in his presentation. I am proud of all the children for partaking in this program and hope as they grow, they can remember what they have learned.
This is Mark receiving his award.-I cropped the photo on Picnik.com, but I am not sure why the black is around the photo...


When we got home, I told him I wanted a picture of him with his certificate. He was very proud of it and hung it on his bedroom wall right away!!

Then we got dad in for a shot...


You can't leave out little sis....

Corey was so proud to hold his certificate, although I'm sure he has no clue what it even is!!!


Connor absolutely refused to smile, because he was upset about something.-Not even sure what anymore...Caleb unfortunately wasn't in any photos. As soon as we got home he went inside to crash on the couch. He has had an awful time recovering from his tonsil and adnoid removal; which explains why I have had NO time to keep up with my blogging. Friday he broke out in a rash and yesterday he was spitting up blood. A trip to the doctor revealed a drug reaction causing the rash and blood from the scabs falling off. Tomorrow I will post photos of the rash.
On a lighter note, I want to say that I am very proud of you Mark for completing the D.A.R.E. Program, and I hope that as you grow, you will remember and put into practice the things that you have learned!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment