Sunday, November 8, 2009

Corey....





I took these photos yesterday afternoon. Little did I know just hours later, Corey would experience an accident that could have changed our lives forever.... Psalm 91:11-12 says, "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone..."I can tell you that there is NO doubt in my mind that my little boy had his angels watching over him yesterday. We ventured out on a hayride with the cousins and ended up stopping at a small bridge in the country to throw rocks in the water. My brother in law was over at the bridge with the 10 children while me and two other women remained in the wagon. A car was coming from the opposite direction and I instructed the triplets to stay exactly where they were and not to cross back over to me...Next thing you know, Corey turns his back to the bridge to scoop up some rocks, and falls off of the bridge!!!! I can't tell you how terrified and helpless I felt at that moment, not knowing what was at the bottom of the bridge, nor just how far he had fallen!! I hollered for Stephen (my brother in law) to get him, because I knew that he could get to him much faster than me....I have never seen a man move faster than he did in that very moment...Mackenzie said Corey had grabbed on to the edge of the bridge when he fell and was hanging on for...not sure how he did this since he fell backwards, but she saw his hands gripping the edge....she bent down to grab a hold of him and he fell 21 ft. to the bottom landing, thank God, on soft squishy mud...one to two feet further over to the left, and he would have been in the water...he could have hit rocks logs anything...Steve saw him hit the ground and said he knew he was going to be alright when he started immediately crying...He landed on his right side caked in mud....The only injuries he sustained where some minor abrasions and slight bruising on his back...I have absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind that his angels broke that fall for him...his injuries could have been much worse, possibly even tragic...I stand in awe and praise my heavenly father for his mercy and his protection over my little boy...I am thankful on this day for him and for the joy, craziness, and chaos he brings to my life!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment